6 Steps to Earn Profit from Micro Niche Sites
It's the dream of every Internet marketer or website owner to earn profitably from their sites, while enjoying the comforts of their own homes.
Well, nothing is impossible to a determined person. You can do this. One effective way is by creating your own micro niche website.
What is a micro niche website?
Most websites have niches (specific product or topic); others fall under no particular niche. Under these niches are sub-niches or micro niches. Hence, a micro niche website is one that involves a more specific product or topic.
- Books (niche); Paul Coelho books (micro niche)
- Knives (niche); bread knives (micro niche)
- Pets (niche); puppies (micro niche)
You can go extremely specific for the three niches with the following examples:
- Books - Paul Coelho romance books (micro niche)
- Knives - short bread knives (micro niche)
- Pets - retriever puppies (micro niche)
I know you've got the idea.
So, how can you create a micro niche website for more profits?
To help you fulfill your goal of earning more as a website owner, here are simple but effective steps you can accomplish to achieve this goal.
Step #1 - Choose the primary keyword for your micro niche website
This step is crucial to your earning capability. You have to conduct intensive research before deciding the keyword.
There are paid keyword searches, but why pay when you can also obtain this information for free?
Google applications (Google search, Google AdWords, Google keyword search) are the best tools to use for your keyword search. You can also use SEMRUSH in finding competitors with your keywords.
Pointers in selecting keywords
- Avoid keywords used already by big websites such as Walmart and Amazon. An example is when Walmart uses "shopping deals", you can opt for "Friday shopping deals" or "shopping deals for iPhones".
- Aside from Google Search, you can use the Google webmaster tools. Google trends, Google Adwords, or the Google keyword tool that can provide you with the search percentage of the keyword per country.
From the most searched keywords, select a keyword that has less competition but more traffic.
Selecting the keyword with the highest number of competitors means you'll earn less against big websites.
Choosing the keyword with no competition and less traffic may seem good but, it's best to select the keywords that generate huge traffic but with less competition.Use the Global or Local Search to choose your keyword. Take into consideration your target client.
- Alexa can provide information for the most searched keyword for websites. Alexa can be a good indicator whether a website will rank highly with Google Page Rank or not.
- Use keyword suggestion tools such as, Ubersuggest.com and WordPot.com.
Step #2 - Choose keyword for your domain name
This is a main step that is pivotal to increase your earnings. Your domain name must contain the primary keyword of your site.
Based on all the tools mentioned above, choose at least 5 keywords with one primary keyword for your micro niche website.
Your primary keyword must not be too long or too short. Take note that the URL of your site should be the same as your domain name and primary keyword.
Step #3 - Create your micro niche website
You're now ready to create your website. Your template design and layout must be in congruence with your micro niche.
Things to remember in creating your site
- Must be user-friendly
- Displays website's logo and brand
- Must load speedily
- Text must be legible
- Must be visually attractive and organized
- Displays appropriate images
- Contains the following: "About Us" page, contact details, website's site map, disclaimer policy (if any)
Step #4 - Publish fresh, relevant content and images
Publish fresh, relevant content with suitable keywords. Use LSI and White Hat SEO in your content, tags, and links.
Google's algorithm is now more sensitive than even and can detect and penalize micro niche sites, which are created purely to earn without consideration of its users.
This will put an end to your goal of earning huge revenues from your site. Therefore, provide informative and SEO posts and eventually you'll succeed.
Here are valuable pointers in writing your content
- Write a primary article of about 1,500 words for your static home page.
- Ensure that keyword density of all posts is 1 or 1.5 % and does not go beyond that.
- Keywords must be evenly distributed in the posts.
- Use Latent Semantic Indexing (LSI), keywords, and keyword phrases should be naturally used in the article.
- Long, well-written articles - without grammatical errors - that can provide relevant information will rank higher in Search Engines' results.
- All posts must be 100% original. Google penalizes duplicate content.
- Individual posts must be at least 300 words. The longer, the better.
- Use long-tailed and short-tailed keywords in your primary and secondary posts.
- Write at least 20 secondary articles within two weeks to facilitate crawling of your site by search engine bots.
- Publish regularly. Sites that have new content are often crawled by search engines. This increases the chances of landing in the first pages of the Search Engine Results Pages (SERP).
Step #5 - Monetize your micro niche website
Monetize your website through the following methods:
- Google AdSense - This is the most legitimate and common source of income of website owners. Micro niche websites may have fewer visitors but more clicks and more earnings.
One important warning to remember is that some affiliate ads are not compatible with Google AdSense. Your account with Google AdSense can be banned if you display links to these websites.
Google AdSense is also extremely strict about click frauds, whether this was intentional or not, so NEVER click on your own ads.
Numerous website owners had their Google AdSense account banned without sufficient explanation. You would not want your site banned after your hard work in reaching a three digit payout, would you?Infolinks and Chitika ads are compatible with Google AdSense but not with other affiliate marketing ads. Before displaying an ad in your website ensure that they're compatible with each other and that there are no violations committed.
- Direct ads from advertisers - Inform your readers that you accept direct ads from advertisers. Direct ads pay more because there are no middle men to share the profit with.
- Amazon - Amazon.com offers earnings for each item that you sell from your website. This ranges from 4% to 14% depending on the product and number of items.
- Clickbank - Offers earnings too for each of its products that you can sell.
- Chitika - Works the same way as Google Adsense. You can earn through Pay Per View (PPV) or thru successful product sales.
- Other affiliate marketing networks - The other affiliate marketing networks are CJ, Rakuten LinkShare, and ShareASale. Your earnings come from clicks and concluded sales. You'll have to experiment to determine which among these affiliates bring the best payout for your micro niche website.
- Sell related products directly to customers - You can create your own micro niche branded products and sell the directly online.
- eBooks - Selling eBooks relevant to your micro niche website is one aspect that not many take advantage of. You can sell your own eBook or sell eBooks from other publishers to earn commission.
- Blogvertise and ReviewMe - You can write a blog post for them and earn from $10 or more depending on your Google Page rank.
Step #6 - Maximize the exposure of your micro niche website
After setting up your website and monetizing it. You have to maximize its exposure to generate more potential traffic. Affiliate marketing networks prefer sites that have a high Google Page Rank.
Using an algorithm that's still not clearly understood by Internet marketers, Google ranks sites according to this algorithm.
Based on experience, online marketers observed that the Page Rank of websites depended on various factors, namely:
- Keyword density
- Quality of posts
- Online visibility and popularity
- Quality of backlinks
- Speed of page loading
- Content length
- Use of proper keywords in title, met tags and content
- Domain history and age
You can increase your Google Page Rank thru the following:
- Use social media sites to share your links - Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram are the most common. The more popular the site becomes online, the higher its Page Rank.
- Write a Guest Post for sites in the same niche as yours - Write an informative article and then post the link of your micro niche website from the "About the Author" portion.
- Create a Fan Page on social media networking sites - This is most useful on Facebook and Twitter.
- Leave meaty comments in similar niches with a link to your website - Don't spam. Write a sensible comment about the topic and you'll be noticed. Do this in at least 20 websites per week, and soon your online visibility and integrity will increase tremendously.
- Enlist your site in aggregators and ranking sites - These ranking sites and aggregators are good sources of traffic. Examples are Technorati and Alexa.
- Share your content using auto-share - You can share your new posts automatically through Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, JetPack and Sprout Social. All you have to do is to program how often and what to share.
Follow the pointers above and earn profitably from your micro niche website. Prioritize the quality of traffic and not the quantity.
If things do not go as they should, you might be missing something. Don't fret! Do it all over again, taking care to pay attention to the details.
Soon, you'll be earning profitably from your micro niche website.
Are you making money from a micro niche site? Let us know in the comments.